13 REASONS WHY : season 3



13 reasons why : season 3 Review !


I was really excited about this season, I was really looking forward to it. So let's remember how last season ended. Tyler was raped by Monty and his friends, after that he came to prom with weapons to start a shooting. Shooting that Clay managed to avoid, taking away the weapons from Tyler. Meanwhile Jessica cheated on Alex with Justin.

The season ended with lights of police cars arriving where the prom takes place. 

So I started the season a little lost, I had trouble following the first episodes. I quickly felt confused between flashbacks and present moments. There are many questions that are unanswered.

  • A new character appears, her name is Ani. My opinion is very clear about this character, I do not appreciate her at all. I think that she’s very manipulative and she lies a lot. She meddles in everyone's life and makes a lot of judgment while we do not know anything about her and it becomes annoying. She is everywhere and all the time. She did not assume anything with anyone, and her relationship with Clay makes no sense and does not seem sincere at all, I still preferred her with Bryce. However, one must learn to distinguish with a character and the actor interpreting it. I condemn the harassment that the actress suffered as a result of the hatred towards her character. It's just a show guys, relax.


  • This season was entirely about Bryce and you probably have sharp and even mixed opinions about his personality. During this season, I got to know a new Bryce, not just "Bryce the rapist". Through these flashbacks, I could see a person trying to change, to improve, to try to understand the harm he had caused. He is not perfect, he is very far from it but it feels good to feel something other than a feeling of hatred towards him. However, I fully understand the hatred that the other characters felt towards him. Their hatreds were justified. I do not think he deserved to die, no one deserves to die, and surely not that way. I think that’s horrible to see yourself die because it's clearly what Bryce felt. We learned a little more about Bryce's relationship with his parents and his protective side towards his mother. Their shared moments were very touching, the love of a mother is really indescribable, I did not think for a single second that she could be the killer. It was not a possibility.The scene of his funeral irritated me at the highest point, but what a lack of respect. I understand all the harm he caused around him but his relatives were entitled to their moment of sorrow and mourning. His parents had buried their son that day, rapist or not he remains their son.


  • Let’s talk about Zach Dempsey, I loved him during season 2 ... But during this season I discovered new facets of him that I did not like at all. His relationship with Chloe bothered me a lot and came out of nowhere if I can say. The fact that he was with her during her abortion is an admirable thing but I think that the relationship had no purpose apart to be a motive to cause a murder. He did not show solidarity with anyone and constantly lied. The scene where he hits Bryce shocked me so much, I did not know he could be this violent and this scene really made me feel uncomfortable. I recognized the Zach I liked when he confessed his crime to the police, you could read the guilt on his face and the sadness. But for me, Zach remains an accomplice to the murder and should be punished for his crime.

  • Wow Jessica, I have only one word to describe her :  « queen ». Jessica is a character that I respect so much despite her confusing actions. She is a strong and very independent woman. During this season we were able to see her assert herself and especially to learn to love her body again and it was a wonderful thing to see. I really like her relationship with Justin, they complete very well each other. However, I condemn her as much as Zach for the murder of Bryce Walker, she witnessed it and did nothing to help him while he was crying for help. I think that, on the contrary, saving him would have been a real revenge for her. Because now not only must she live with the fact that Bryce raped her but also the fact that she killed him. He will never leave her life, dead or alive. Her many speeches supporting rape victims and the help she gave to Tyler made me cry all season long.


  • Oh my Tyler… Tyler is my favorite character this season. Wow what an actor game. Throughout the season I had only one desire, cross my screen and hug Tyler. He was in such pain and the trauma and sadness he was dragging every day made me so sad. I loved how the people around him, who eventually became real friends, were there for him without letting him down once. From episode 8, I started to tear each time he revealed his secret. This scene with Clay was so much  powerful and almost as touching as the one with Jessica where he testifies not only to be a support for her but also a victim. My favorite scene this season is the assembly that was organized by the two high schools to apologize. A scene so moving and meaningful. I am so proud of him for being able to tell the truth and condemned Monty. 13 reasons why has managed to get its message across and I hope succeed to help many people in this case.


Regarding other characters such as Justin, Monty or Alex, these are characters who have major medical problems. 

  • Starting with Justin, I feel like nothing and no one can help him, that he always does what he wants to without thinking about it and is really selfish. I can understand that the drug is an addiction and that it is very hard to be sober. But I still feel that it does not bother him more than that. He needs help if he really wants to evolve and become a good person for his new family but also for Jessica and himself.


  • Speaking of Monty, I am mixed. I hate him for what he did to Tyler and for not feeling remorse or guilt once. I admit it, he did not have an easy life: a father who beats him and a hidden homosexuality. But I hate even more the fact that he's being accused of a crime he's didn't do, messing up his memory even more is such a horrible thing. He is dead, he will never be able to justify himself or tell the truth and the fact that others take advantage of it makes me horrified.


  • Alex, my dear Alex, what's wrong with you? This kid really needs help, it's not the same case as Tyler, he must really get treatment and especially assume the consequences of his actions.I am revolted, it is morally incorrect, I place all the characters at the same level of Bryce. They were all outraged that Bryce would not be punished for raping Jessica and Hannah, that Monty would not be punished for raping Tyler ... So now it would be normal for Alex not to be punished for the murder of Bryce? Jessica either? No reasons are valid for killing a person.They should not be punished for what reasons? Because they have already suffered? Because they are nice? Bullshit. They had the choice to commit no crime except if it is revealed that Alex is suffering from a real mental illness besides severe depression.


We come to the end of this review, I loved this season even if it was very slow to start and I can not wait to see what season 4 will be about. 

May the odds be ever in your favor, 
You know you love me, 
XOXO
Ness

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

You can't get anywhere without the people who came into your life

 
Copyright © 2015 Ness'Word