JOKER with Joaquin Phoenix

JOKER with Joaquin Phoenix : review 


I admit it, I am not a big fan of superhero movies, I have seen none. Some friends talked to me about it so I wanted to build my own opinion and maybe share it with you as usual. Fortunately I was with someone, who liked DC COMICS, during the viewing of this film otherwise I will never know that the Joker and Batman were linked.


If there’s one thing I can remember from this movie is when we are young, we admire superheroes but when we get older we understand the mean ones.


So here we are in Gotham in the 80s, the same city that will see Batman rise up against crime and inspire fear to all criminals. In this movie, the elements of the DC Comics universe are in parentheses in order to insert the character of the Joker in a realistic world. 

Before becoming the Joker, Arthur Fleck is a good little guy, his thoughts are certainly black, but he is not mean. He is helpful, and tries to solve his issues. World and people violence will awaken his own violence. Every day he is confronted with the debasement of people, in his work, in the street, in the environment in which he lives. The change in the dark side of the Joker is due to all of these daily difficulties that he has always faced. Until then he had internalized trying to pretend that it was not all that bad. But the overflow ended up winning.

Some scenes shocked me, I must admit, I fell into the panel more than once because of Athur’s "visions" that looked so real. I was shocked to learn that his neighbor was, ultimately, only his neighbor. The various reversals of the situation concerning the real identity of his father made me question : was he Batman's brother?

Do not joke I did not really know the universe of super heroes, it was quite plausible for me.

Powerful scenes have been set up like the famous Joker dance or his rebirth. This scene where he draws his smile with his blood made me really uncomfortable but I think it’s my favorite scene.

Joaquin Phoenix, wow. 

I would like to give a great applause, to Joaquin Phoenix for his Perfect acting game and his terrifying laugh. His way of introducing this character to public was just fabulous and magical. To get this laugh, Phoenix claimed that he watched videos of a mentally disturbed young man who laughed as he does in this movie, this young man laughed during serious talks and stopped shortly after that.
Joachim Phoenix is ​​absolutely amazing. Quite frankly, if he does not get the Best Actor Oscar for this role, it’s weird. The actor's investment is extraordinary, between his phenomenal weight loss, this absolutely disturbing symbolic laugh of his uncontrollable evil, his imposing presence, his charisma, this poetic and meaningful gesture, it's just crazy. 

With the Joker we are in front of a work of really important scale. A totally unsuspected film with the improbable aspect exploding the codes pre-established by the movies of superheroes. They are made for family in a child-friendly and politically very correct approach.


"Admirable as terrifying, human as monstrous, tearful as provocative. He is the Joker!"


May the odds be ever in your favor,
You know you love me,
XOXO
Ness


0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

You can't get anywhere without the people who came into your life

 
Copyright © 2015 Ness'Word