Home » , , , , » Brianna Brown from "Devious Maids" : interview

Brianna Brown from "Devious Maids" : interview

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "brianna brown"
Hello guys, here's an interview with Brianna Brown aka Taylor Stappord in the hit show "Devious Maids"! Who killed who? Where's Bianca? Stay tuned!



 N : What is your favorite character you played?


B : That is such a difficult question because I have several favorite characters that I’ve played over the past 15 years as a professional actress.  I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing Taylor Stappord on "Devious Maids” because she is vastly different than I am in real life.  Playing a high-end prostitute serial killer on "Criminal Minds” was such a stretch for me and was the first time I was cast as a villain.  I loved playing Dr. Lisa Niles on "General Hospital" because of the fatal attraction storyline and being cast as a villain who constantly was doing ridiculous acts to win back her ex. Playing a seemingly gold-digger who actually was the head of a drug cartel on "The Mentalist” was so much fun because the woman turns and you realize she’s not a ditz, but is actually a badass who knows how to shoot a gun with precision!  Working opposite Claire Danes on “Homeland” as an undercover CIA agent and in a Saudi harem was a thrill because the material was layered and allowed me to play a dynamic, flawed woman.  Most recently my favorite character was in Kit Williamson’s series Eastsiders 2 where I play a girl who is an absolute hot-mess, who desperately wants love and needs a lot of therapy and hugs to be grounded.  I loved playing that character because she is opposite of my usual casting. I feel blessed that I have friends who believe in my chops as an actress and who recognized that I absolutely could play that part.  She’s wacky, quirky, hilarious and adorable.  The series will be coming out soon!


N : How was your audition for Devious Maids?

B : I remember my initial audition for Devious Maids was fantastic but when they brought me back for the role of Taylor Stappord instead of Peri, I felt like I blew it!  I remember calling my agent nearly in tears because I didn’t feel like I knocked it out of the park.  I didn’t have time to prep the material as I normally would have because it was a same-day audition, and I got in my head about the audition.  I remember beating myself up while driving home from the studio and was shocked and relieved when my team called me back and said that Marc Cherry wanted to test me for the role of Taylor Stappord!  Once I knew I was testing I knew the role was mine.  When it came time to the big day of testing I walked into the room against the two other ladies and had absolute confidence I was the part.  But even with that confidence and after giving a killer audition I was still on pins and needles for the final confirmation from the studio and network.  When my team conference called me to tell me I got the part I started bouncing and screaming in my room.  It was my dream job and I was thrilled that I landed the role.  Of course booking the part doesn’t guarantee that the pilot actually gets picked up or that you remain cast when if/when it does.  So that was yet another hurdle to see if I tested well and then if the network decided to pick up the show.  Initially ABC turned down the show and we were all devastated but then Lifetime jumped in the game and started negotiating for it airing on their network.  After a month and a half of pure anxiety waiting to hear if the show got picked up, we finally received the news that Devious Maids was indeed going to be on Lifetime! We then also found out that the show was going to have to move to Atlanta versus shooting in Los Angeles.  It was an absolute whirlwind and roller coaster from the initial audition until the final pick up.  


N : What do you have in common with your character in Devious Maids?

B : There are very few similarities, but I will say that Taylor Stapport and I both have a big heart and try our best to do the right thing. That being said, her “best" is very different from my “best.”   You will come to see what I mean as the season unfolds!  


N : Can you tell us a little something about the crime that Taylor's daughter did?

B : Unfortunately I can not. My lips are sealed! You’ll just have to stay tuned and see how the storyline unravels.


N : Did Taylor is involved? Did she help?

B : Again I can not say.  You’ll have to tune in each week to see all of the brilliant plot twists and turns!


N : How will evolve the relationship between Taylor and her new maid?

B : The relationship between Blanca and Taylor obviously did not turn out well.  Stay tuned to see who Taylor’s new maid will be and all of the craziness that unfolds with that relationship.


N : Tells us a funny story that happened on set. 

B : In between takes Ana Ortiz and I are always laughing and goofing around together.  You’ll catch us singing and acting like the theater geeks that both of us are at our core.  It’s rare to find friends on set where you can let yourself be an absolute goofball together and where your cheeks hurt from smiling and your belly hurts from laughing so hard.  


N : In what tv show would you like to be in?

B : I don’t have any specific show I’m dying to work on.  I get more excited by the role and who I’ll be playing opposite.  I really want to work on more comedies that are on cable networks.  After having to be in tears all season a comedic break for me would be an incredible relief!


N : What can we expect for the rest of the season of devious maids?

B : You can expect more lies, murder, love triangles, laughs, devious behavior and fantastic plot twists!


N : Will the arrival of Taylor and Michael's daughter affect their couple relation?

B : As shown in the first episode of Devious Maids season 3, having an adopted daughter has definitely created additional stress between them and it seems to only be escalating as the season continues.  Stay tuned!


N : If you weren't playing Taylor, who would you like to play?

B : If I wasn’t playing Taylor Stappord on the show, I would want to play Evelyn Powell because she always has such hilarious lines. Although I highly doubt I could replicate the brilliance that Rebecca Wisocky creates on screen!


N : What's your beauty tip?

B : Beauty is skin deep and skin deep means you need to be healthy.  I eat clean, organic and vegetarian 75% of the time and work out almost every day of the week.  Creating healthy habits creates beautiful skin and a lean fit body that cannot be replicated with quick fix creams, potions or diet fads.  


N : Song of the moment?

B : I love the lyrics and vocals on Jason Mraz’s I Won’t Give Up.


N : Last word for the end? 

B : I love this quote and try to live by this ideology.   
"Every single problem that you have in your life is a seed of an opportunity for some greater benefit.  Once you have that perception, you open up to a whole range of possibilities -- and this keeps the mystery, the wonder, the excitement, the adventures alive.” -Deepak Chopra, The Seven Spiritual Secrets to Success


Thank you Brianna Brown for according me this interview! Tune on Devious Maids every Monday at 9:00 PM on LifeTime! 


It's a beautiful day to saves lives...
May the odds be ever in your favor...
You know you love me...

XOXO
Ness

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

You can't get anywhere without the people who came into your life

 
Copyright © 2015 Ness'Word